Amazon FBA Labels Pricing / FBA Label Service
Amazon is not only the world’s largest, most popular eCommerce platform – it is also one of the most recognisable brand names in the world today. A key feature they offer to marketplace sellers is called FBA or Fulfilment by Amazon, which pretty much takes the worry off your hands when it comes to storing and shipping orders to customers.
What are FBA Labels and how does it work?
To make sellers’ jobs even easier, Amazon offers an FBA Label Service for eligible products – i.e. products which require a barcode label. Amazon can apply these barcode labels for sellers for a per-item fee although there is an eligibility criteria you must comply with:
- The condition of the item can be “any” – e.g. new, used, collectible, refurbished/reused, etc.
- The product type can be “any” – e.g. media or non-media
- The product type must not fall under the category prohibited, restricted or high-value.
- The product must contain a single scannable barcode which corresponds with an ASIN in Amazon’s online catalogue.
Since Amazon uses their own barcodes to improve the order and shipping processes, you need to do your part in ensuring that all your products have been labelled correctly.
Amazon uses three kinds of barcodes to track products:
- Amazon barcodes (FNSKU)
- Manufacturer barcodes (EAN, JAN, UPC or ISBN)
- Brand owner barcodes
If you wish to print the barcode labels yourself, then the following needs to be taken into account:
- Leave the required white space around the barcode and text: 1/4” on the sides and 1/8” on the top and bottom
- An SKU or ASIN
- Product name as used in the company
- State the item condition (whether new or used)
Once you enable the FBA Label Service, you are effectively giving Amazon permission to apply barcode labels on your products, after which you will be charged 50p/$0.55 per item. However, you also have the option to opt out on a per-shipment basis if you wish to label units yourself, in which case, you will be charged any labelling fees for that shipment.
In addition, you can change the default settings for using the FBA Label Service from your dashboard at any time.
What size Labels for FBA?
Amazon barcodes are to be printed using black ink only against matte white removable labels, using removable adhesive, and, where the labels must be non-reflective. The dimensions are limited to any size between 1×2” and 2×3” – so, for example: 2×2” or 1×3”.
If you’re using a laser printer, then your seller account supports these label sizes:
- 21 labels per page (63.5 mm x 38.1 mm on A4)
- 24 labels per page (63.5 mm x 33.9 mm on A4, 63.5 mm x 38.1 mm on A4, 64.6 mm x 33.8 mm on A4, 66.0 mm x 33.9 mm on A4, 70.0 mm x 36.0 mm on A4, 70.0 mm x 37.0 mm on A4)
- 27 labels per page (63.5 mm x 29.6 mm on A4)
- 30 labels per page (1 inch x 2 5/8 inches on US Letter)
- 40 labels per page (52.5 mm x 29.7 mm on A4)
- 44 labels per page (48.5 mm x 25.4 mm on A4)
Need to know more about how Amazon FBA Labels work? Our Amazon marketing team would be glad to offer you further guidance.